Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Holy Bible not so Holy

In his AGE OF REASON, Thomas Paine wrote: “ Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.”

For my part, I said it before, I say it again: if you have high hopes in seeing your children grow up intelligent with self-respect and courageous with dignity, keep them away from the stupid priest frightening them to believe and to have faith in the stupid messages written as Revealed Truth in the holy bible. Poch Suzara

No comments: