Wednesday, March 04, 2009

No Atheists in Government

My dear reader, have you ever pondered on this simple truth: - just as much as there are no atheists in foxholes, there are also no atheists in government? All government officials are faithful believers. They all love, worship, and adore God.

In fact, ours has never been a government of the atheists, by the atheists, and for the atheists. On the contrary, ours has always been a government of the corrupt believer, by the corrupt believer, and for corrupt believer.

Under Article 7, Section 5 of the Philippine Constitution before the president enters on the execution of his/her office, the President shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear [or affirm] that I will faithfully and conscientiously fulfill my duties as President [or Vice-President or Acting President] of the Philippines, preserve and defend its Constitution, execute its laws, do justice to every man, and consecrate myself to the service of the Nation. So help me God.

I ask: where is God to help out? How come instead of being omni-present, God is only always omni-absent? Especially in this only Christian country in Asia since the 16th century! Poch Suzara

No comments: