Monday, February 01, 2010

No Life after Death in the Bible

The Bible likens death to a deep sleep. David said: “Answer me, O LORD my God. Do
make my eyes shine, that I may not fall asleep in death.” (Psalm 13:3)

Moreover, just before he resurrected Lazarus, Jesus likened death to sleep.—John 11:11-14. Which brings up another question, if Jesus best friend Lazarus was going to a better place why bring him back to life on earth?

In the meantime, at death, the cerebral function ceases; there is no more thought process, no more reward, no more memory, no more knowledge, and no more access to this world. Death terminates the individual’s interaction with this physical dimension of existence.

So, I ask: if there were no more life after death how do we enjoy life as a reward after death in heaven or suffer in life after death punished in hell?

“After these things I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, ‘Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power to the Lord our God’ “ (Revelation 19:1).

I ask: who are you among the already dead have the extra ability to hear a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven? Poch Suzara

No comments: