Thursday, December 15, 2011

No One is completely Useless

Mar Patalinjug, A teacher in grade 6 La Salle once told me in class that I was a totally useless student. I replied: "No one is completely useless, because the most horrible of us at least serves as a horrible example to others not to emulate." After I was expelled, I embarked on a self-education course. I gradually came to realize that it was my teachers in school who were the ones totally useless for me never to emulate. Indeed, there is greater value in learning HOW to think than learning WHAT to believe. During this Christmas season, while millions will be celebrating the birth of Christ, I would like instead to celebrate with you and Helen, Manny, John, Litton, Emily, Tolo, Peewee, Bobby, Louie, Gil, Frank, Doug, joe Assad, Danding, Nancy, and the rest in our communion of thinkers - the birth of man's capacity for ethical, moral, and philosophical development in love, beauty, knowledge, and the joys in life. More power to all of you in the years to come! Poch Suzara, 2011

No comments: