Friday, May 23, 2014

The Truth as more Precious than Health or Wealth

When asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said: “MAN." Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.” Dalai Lama. . . We squander our health in search of wealth. We toil. We sweat. We save. Then we squander our wealth in search of health. Only to find the grave. Anonymous... For my part, as an atheist, I am most happy and proud of myself as a man. For most of my life, I squandered my health in search of the truth. Indeed, in search of better questions to ask; especially as the answers, in time, become obsolete. Consider reality as the truth around us: each unfolding reality contains the seeds of its own destruction, and the embryo of a new reality that will replace it. Poch Suzara

No comments: