Sunday, April 25, 2004

One Hundred Billion People

Approximately ONE BILLION people leave this world every 25 years or every generation. This means that more than 100 BILLION people have already lived and died on this earth since biblical times. Now if God could inspire authors to write the bible, wouldn't it be wonderful if the same God could inspire as well the theologians of today to give us a report as to just exactly how many people have been saved and made it to heaven? And how many people are already damned in hell? This report could be certified by Jesus who, according to biblical account, ascended bodily to heaven and there with him is his mother Mary, and his father Joseph including the saints. For my part, until I get such a report, I shall continue to be a happy and a proud atheist till the day I die. After I am dead, and I meet with God in the next world, I hope I get a chance to ask God: as a God with power and authority what exactly have you done to answer the daily prayers said by millions upon millions of Filipinos to save them away from poverty, especially spiritual poverty as a people; and, to straighten out the religious mess that's been keeping Philippines messy and backward economically as the only Catholic country in Asia since the 16th century? - Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#