Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Catechism Class

Bishop Teodoro Bacani, Jr. claims that the voice of people is the voice of God. He wrote: “God does not speak only through His bishops. Often He speaks through His people.”
I ask the good bishop: What about the voice of Adam and Eve as against the voice of the serpent speaking in behalf of the devil? Where was God’s voice then to protect Adam and Eve? Indeed, instead of protection, what instead they experienced in paradise was expulsion. Perhaps Adam and Eve were both guilty of sin. But our politicians in government as elected by the voice of God are not only guilty of sins against God, but also guilty of crimes against the State.
What have the bishops got to do with matters of the material State? Aren’t they responsible with matters concerning only the spiritual church? Indeed, if the voice of the people were the voice of God, what need is there for the voice of the bishops to speak to God for the people?
I dare challenge you bishops to be among the first to resign to remedy the ills that’s keeping this only Christian country in Asia poor religiously, backward morally, and insane socially. Poch Suzara

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Poch! Hope you still remember me this is Janet... i was once of your follower hehehehe...you were sending me reading materials and articles about freethought and you even gave me a copy of your book "Only in the Philippines" and i shared it to all of my friends and classmate, one of my prof even called me poch at class! :) but that was six years ago. I found this link from John's blog hope you could visit mine too :) but my blog is written in Tagalog.By the way heres my email j_mabacyao@yahoo.com REgards! and more power!

Unknown said...

hey...theres a grammatical error on my first message...hehehehe hope you dont mind...

TonyB said...

LOLz, Poch, Bishop Bacani must be hearing voices inside his head such that he could say "god does not speak ONLY through His bishops..." My gas!

cheers!
Tony