Sunday, November 19, 2006

John Blanchard

In his book entitled HAS SCIENCE GOT RID OF GOD, John Blanchard writes: “Atheism’s creed is clear and cruel: we began as a fluke, we live as a farce, and we end as fertilizer.”
Obviously, this religiously blind follower does not read the contents of his own holy bible: “Thou art dust and to dust shalt thou return.” Gen. 3:19. What could be more of a fluke, a farce, and fertilizer than it is to be a piece of dust? Indeed, we live on a planet so tiny in that one million planets the size of earth can fit inside the sun. And the sun itself also comparatively so small in that 500 of our suns can be easily swallowed in one gulp by a bigger star called “Betelguese.”
But Blanchard also writes: “Strictly speaking, nobody is an atheist.” What a poor sap this Blanchard! He has yet to go and visit hospitals. Mothers have not ceased delivering babies that are strictly born atheists each and every day of the years. In fact 3 atheist babies are born each and every single second of the day and night somewhere in the world.
For my part, I am happy and proud to be born an atheist. I do not believe in the existence of a supernatural being called “God.” And if such a God exists, I do not care to love, worship, or adore such a supernatural monster!
Frightened teachers taught me to believe in God when I was a little boy in school. I believe teachers who are themselves victims of fright can never teach the truth. In the meantime, it is not the business of science to get rid of non-existing Beings. Religion has already done more than enough to prove that God does not exist by hating other religions. I rest my case! Poch Suzara, chairman, High-School Dropout Association of the Philippines.

No comments: