Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fantastic

I am having a lively debate with a bible lover at present. He admits that the holy bible is the greatest book he has ever read. He admits, however, that he does not understand a great many portions written in the book.
Well, I have myself read and studied bible contents and messages for some 15 years. I have had problems too understanding some of the things written in the bible. Instead of admitting my ignorance as something of a divine wisdom, I submitted bible contents and messages into deeper scrutiny and then threw my bible out the window. Why not? After all, the bible should be as simple to understand as the Multiplication Table – the perfect model of truth which is precise and certain and free from all temporal dross. The bible, however, is a compilation of trashy, incoherent, confabulated, incredible tales, poems, sagas, and pieces of dramas. It is full of hatred, murder, greed, selfishness, falsehoods, lust, sadism and masochism, absurdities, inconsistencies, contradictions, stupidities, and cruelties written by superstitious primitives. No doubt, there is something for everyone in the bible. Indeed, nothing is missing in the bible; except the most priceless of values: - the growth and development of the human intelligence. Especially the kind that should lead to intellectual potency; not psychological stagnancy.

No comments: