Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Bible

The bible may be holy, but it is filled with inconsistent baloney. There is neither harmony nor uniformity as the authors contradict each other. The Gospel of Matthew tells us that Jesus was an aristocrat descended from David via Solomon. The Gospel of Luke, however, tells us that Jesus was from much more humble stock. The Gospel of Mark says that Jesus was born to a poor carpenter.

At his birth, Jesus was visited by kings according to Matthew, but according to Luke, he was visited by shepherds.

At his death, Jesus, according to the Gospel of Mark and Matthew tell us that his last words were “My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?” But according to Luke, Jesus said, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit,” and in John Jesus simply said, “It is finished.”

In his great book, the Age of Reason, by Tom Paine, one of the greatest among the Founding Fathers of the United States of America, wrote: “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.”

As a bible reader myself during these past twenty years, I am quite conversant with bible messages. They have more to do not with the way of life, but the way towards death. Sadly and unfortunately, even the bible admits that “The dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.” Eccl. 9:5

Again, I say to one and all: please read your bible. It is where we can all duly discover the foundation of why we are, precisely, the Sick Man of Asia. Poch Suzara

No comments: