Thursday, June 23, 2005

CHILDREN OF GOD

If we were all the children of God, then Jesus was not the son, but grandson of God as Mary, His mother, was the daughter of God. Jesus had the power to perform miracles. He made the blind see, the deft hear, the lame walk, multiplied loaves of bread to feed the multitude. He could walk on water, change water into wine; cure leprosy; raise the dead back to life. Curiously enough, not a single one of those grateful individuals appeared in court to testify that Jesus was a miracle-worker, and not a trouble-maker. Even his own apostles abandoned Jesus. They all disappeared out of sight. Nevertheless, crucified on the cross, Jesus cried out: “My God! My God! why has thou forsaken me?” Jesus could have been more honest with himself had he instead cried out: “My God, My God, as your only grandson on this earth, this crucifixion business is a little bit absurd? How can I die to save the world today if I will be able to resurrect myself back to life tomorrow?” Indeed, Jesus was a failure. His mission to destroy the devil did not materialize. The devil is still alive and quite a success living in the Philippines daily inspiring its government to solve problems of the nation with the power of prayer. Indeed, the devil must be so proud of his own devilish accomplishments; especially since God makes himself not omni-present but only always omni-absent! Poch Suzara

No comments: