Thursday, July 21, 2005

Kudos for Walt Whitman

I think I could turn and live with animals, they’re so placid and self-contained, I stand and look at them long and long. They do not sweat and whine about their conditions. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things. Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth. Walt Whitman For my part, if I may add, I envy the animals. They have no need to go to school to learn how to pray to God to give us this day our daily bread, and to lead us not into temptation; and also how to pray several times daily to St. John Baptist De La Salle, pray for us and live Jesus in our hearts, forever. Not to mention to learn also how to pray to Mary, Mother of God, to pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, amen! Poch Suzara

No comments: