Thursday, March 09, 2006

Albert Ellis

This famous psychiatrist wrote: "In a sense, the religious person must have no real views of his own and it is presumptuous of him, in fact, to have any. In regard to sex-love affairs, to marriage and family relations, to business, to politics, and to virtually everything else that is important in his life, he must try to discover what his god and his clergy would like him to do; and he must primarily do their bidding."
I love Albert Ellis. If he were one of my teachers in La Salle, I never would have dropped out of high school. I was not being educated. In fact, I was only being indoctrinated to live on a diet of fear of all kinds. Indeed, my teachers tried so hard to devalue my character, to belittle my personality, and what was even more dreadful, I was being taught to believe that it is a sin against God if I entertained the potentials of my intellectual capacity. Outside academic wall, I gradually learned through self-study how to examine my own life and why I should find it worth living.
As for my class-mates and school-mates I am all so sad for them. They stayed on to acquire college education. Most of them are the kind of men directly or indirectly working for our government and keeping the government as rotten and corrupt than it has been already. Poch Suzara

No comments: