Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Religious Moron Myself

I was once myself a religious moron. It was during kindergarten, grade school, and high school days. Confession every Friday. Mass and communion every Sunday. Prayers morning, noon, and night. I must have uttered more than a million times our school prayer: “Saint John Baptist De la Salle, pray for us. Leave Jesus in our hearts. Forever.”

I believed then with all of my heart and soul that God created man in his own image and likeness. Until I read a simple biological truth never revealed to me before. “Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a death rate of 100 per cent.”

I decided to grow up. Slowly, gradually, and indeed painfully, I managed to throw all of my moronic beliefs out the window. Never have I felt a useless load off my back that crippled me then with poverty of the worst kind – the poverty of the mind and heart. Poch Suzara

No comments: