Friday, October 07, 2011

Live each day - Steve Jobs

“When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: ‘If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.’ It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” — Steve Jobs This is what I mean when I say let us try and leave this world a better place than we found it. Imagine Steve Jobs, an "educated" product of, say, De la Salle University. He was taught to love not this world, but to believe and to have faith only that there is a better world come after death. Therefore we need not improve or change anything around us. We must only learn to pray to: "St. John Baptist De La Salle pray for us. Leave Jesus in our hearts forever." Or, learn only to pray daily to God to "give us this day our daily bread and lead us not into temptation." Or, learn to pray only to Mary, Mother of God, to "pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen. Steve Jobs, an atheist, was one great example of what atheism is all about on this earth. He left this world a better place than he found it. Indeed, Steve Jobs was a great man. He had the courage to create beauty into this world where religion has only put horror. Indeed, to cover up the lies of religion is the business of cowards. The business of great men is to see them with inflexible clarity while thinking honestly, working nobly, and changing things around us sensibly, especially as a friend of science and technology. And in the degree in which we can all be great - this is the business of each one of us. Poch Suzara

No comments: