Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Jesus, King of the Jews, and David. King of Israel

"For I have done your bidding, I have slain mine enemies in your name. I have put women and children to death in your honor. I have caused great pain among them, for your glory." King David of Israel in Psalms 5:4-10 in the Old Testament. Now listen to Jesus, King of the Jews in the New Testament: "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them for me." Luke 19:27. But here is more from Jesus who makes King David look like a childish piker: "If any man come to me and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26 I ask: are such verses examples of the Word of God known as the truth revealed in the holy bible? Poch Suzara Facebook# Twitter# Google#

2 comments:

johnb said...

Psalms 5:4-10 does not contain those verses. This is completely incorrect.

Unknown said...

It's certainly a misquote. It's misattributed in many places on the Internet. I do wish I could figure out where it actually comes from.