Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jesus as God and God as Jesus

In John, Jesus speaks frequently of his extraordinary status in life and speaks of himself in the most exalted language: I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. 8:12 A AM THE BREAD OF LIFE. 6:35 I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE. 11:25 I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. 14:6 I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE. 10:30 WHOEVER HAS SEEN ME HAS SEEN MY FATHER. 14:6 NO ONE COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME. 16:6 And yet, crucified on the cross, with more exalted language, Jesus cried out: “My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me?” Now how could a God possibly forsake Himself? And to think this is the same Jesus who, as a member of the holy trinity, pleaded: “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Perhaps, Jesus was referring to those sinners who did not know what they were doing before the great flood and indeed, especially, even after the great Flood? In the meantime, I ask: why should God tell parents how to raise children when he himself had drowned his own children? In the last analysis, I am told that 98 per cent of Filipinos believe, love, and worship God; and only 2 per cent do not as they are the atheists - I am most proud that I am among those in the 2 per cent as I am not only deadly spiritually, but also lively intellectually as an atheist. Poch Suzara, Google# Facebook# Twitter#

No comments: