Monday, March 03, 2008

We Filipinos

We Filipinos are born ignorant, not stupid. We are made stupid not because of education, but because of Catholic commercial enterprises more known as Catholic schools, Catholic colleges, Catholic and universities.
In this only Catholic country in Asia since the 16th century, when we Filipinos do something we are guilty of, we are instantly aware there is always our faith in a loving God who will readily forgive our sins and crimes and other variegated forms of stupidity. Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Suzara,

I came across your blog from my websurfing on Filipino Atheism. First, I would like to express my admiration of your convictions and your “no non-sense” way of writing. Reading your articles give a similar taste to that of reading Dawkins, only with a Filipino touch. While I do find myself nodding in agreement with some of the things you wrote, there were also things that I find quite disturbing, to say the least.

Perhaps you have come across some writings of my friend, John Paraiso, that touched on my inclinations. I do not consider myself as an atheist, although I do not believe in the theistic god that a lot of people worship, either. For the lack of a better term, I call myself a “non-theist”. Perhaps I am in-between the mindset of Bertrand Russell who claims to be a “colloquial atheist and philosophical agnostic” and Bishop John Shelby Spong who professes to be a “non-theistic believer in God”.

There are a lot of things I wish to discuss with you, but I am not sure if you would rather have the discussion in your blog or through our forum, “Atheistangpinoy”, so more of our other friends may be able to contribute their thoughts on our discussion, as well.

Anyway, thank you for the many thought-provoking posts you contribute and I wish you good health and prosperity.

Cheers,
Hector Gamboa (a.k.a. M_Y)