Thursday, May 22, 2008

I love Bertrand Russell

I love Bertrand Russell not for turning mathematics upside-down and logic inside-out, but for never threatening me with punishment in hell-fire if I did not agree with any of his writings. In fact, Russell encouraged me to disagree with him and to think for myself; especially in the task of seeking the truth as no one, as Russell himself admitted, has as yet found the truth.

Russell wrote: All human knowledge is uncertain, inexact, and partial. I disagree and ask: what’s so uncertain, inexact, and partial about the truth that we are all born troubled, sick, and dying? Indeed, except for Melchisedec in the bible, there is no such thing as health. There has never been any one who lived anywhere on this planet who enjoyed everlasting  lasting health! Poch Suzara

No comments: