Monday, June 15, 2009

Free Will

First, let me explain the nature of my free will. With free will I am able to argue on the premise that God does not exist; I am also able to argue on the premise that God does exists. In either case, however, I can reject the existence of God with regrets; or, accept the existence of God without regrets. Well, I say, if there is a God out there and He seems neither disturbed nor disappointed with the way I am living my short otherwise brief life on this earth with my free will – why should you religious morons be disturbed or disappointed in me? Indeed, free will is a not gift from God. Each and every one of us must invent, refine, and develop our own. That’s how real and free – free will should be. That’s how it has been and still is and always will be the nature of my own free will. In the meantime, as a man of self-respect and dignity. I therefore do not qualify as a candidate for the master-slave relationship that Christianity offered me. A man lacking in self-respect and dignity, however, is a man ridden with guilt. Such a man will always prefer the security of Christianity over independence and find comfort in the thought that, for the price of total submissiveness, especially via the mutilation of one’s intellect, God will love and protect him. In exchange for obedience, Christianity promises salvation after death. In order, however, to elicit obedience through this promise, Christianity must convince you that you need salvation, that there is something to be “saved” from. Christianity has nothing to offer a happy man already enjoying his intellectual freedom and human dignity. If Christianity is to gain a motivational foothold, it must declare war on earthly pleasure – the joys in life and this, historically, has been its precise course of action – especially in the Philippines, still poor and backward, – the only Christian country in Asia. In the eyes of Christianity all Filipinos are sick and sinful and helpless in the face of God, and therefore we are all potential fuel in the flames of hell. Well, just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith, so it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation. Christianity and insanity are one and the same mockery against the whole of humanity. As an atheist therefore, I am against Christianity. In the here and the now as I would rather be always on the side of humanity. Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poch! ur a GOD!