Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I am Lover of Truth and a Freedom-fighter

I am 75 years old. Friends and relatives wonder why I am, as ever, still hostile against organized religion. Well, I am not friendly to disorganized religion either. As a lover of truth and fighter for freedom, I am against all forms of falsehood known as God, angels, devils, heaven or hell - the products of organized superstition. Such evils have always been historically powerful, influential, tax-exempt, and traditional in passing on to innocent Filipino children too young to defend themselves in schools, colleges, and universities. Well, old age, like any other age, is the time to struggle away from silly biblical revelation. It is time to be involved with intelligent evolution. Indeed, human life on this earth should be about the struggle for mankind to establish human decency locally and to enjoy terrestrial sanity globally. Indeed, to put away all that silly business of divinity in cahoots with deviltry. No doubt, it is a waste of time. I admit it is an impossible dream. But my dear reader, what about you - how do you waste your precious time? You are accomplishing WHAT in this God-forsaken world of ours? Brief, short, and fleeting as life is on this earth! I said it before, I say it again: instead of looking forward to a better life to come after death, it makes more sense to try and leave this world a better place than how we found it. Not in the material, but in the humanitarian sense. Otherwise, there will be no reason for our having lived. In the meantime, today may be the last day of my life. Whatever or however the case may be, I am, as always, still happy singing loud and clear - my favorite song: "For, what is a man, what has he got, if not himself then he has not, to say the things he truly feels, and not the words of one who knees, the record shows I took the blows, and did it MY WAY! It is, in this way, under down-to-earth inspiration that I continue to be a man of courage, vision, ambition, and revolution. I have more than enough reason to carry on my lifetime struggle against the evils of education, nay, biblical revelation that have made us sick as a people and insane as a nation! Poch Suzara

No comments: