Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Why the Philippines Must Catch Up with Atheism

Why Atheism Won’t Succeed in the Philippines June 23, 2012 by Hector Gamboa I used to embrace atheism and I used to be active in the Philippine atheist forum and community. However, during the past few years I find myself being drawn away from atheism. Did someone “save” my wretched soul and showed me the path to eternal life and salvation? No! I still believe that there is not enough evidence yet that I have witnessed and experienced that would offer sufficient proof (and arguments) for the existence of the theistic god. Given that my view on the existence of the theistic god hasn’t changed, why do I find myself being drawn away from atheism? If atheism is favored by science, evidence and reason, why is it such at a disadvantage against religious beliefs that often comes with credulity? The biggest word that comes to my mind when I think about this question is “Arrogance”. As long as arrogance lingers amongst the vocal proponents of atheism in the Philippines, I just do not see it prospering in the country despite the feeding programs, conventions, public debates and media mileage its organizations have. Response by Poch Suzara, Grandfather of Atheism in the Philippines I invite you all to carefully read God's first commandment: "THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME." This means God does not to believe in the existence of other GODS - and that makes God an ATHEIST. Well, this logic puts you frightened believers in a worst situation since you all believe, love, and worship a God who is an atheist! And you people are not even aware of it due to your blind faith! In the meantime, I ask: what is the problem? If God, in his own image and likeness, created me to be like him - an atheist - one who does not believe in any kind of Gods - why should that bother any of you faithfool believers? Poch Suzara

No comments: