Sunday, February 03, 2013

Why I do Not Believe in the Existence of God

Indeed, I do not believe in the God of the Christians; in the God of the Muslims; in the God of the Jews; in the God of the crackpots on these pages. There are far more important things to do in life than just to believe. There is to think! I refuse to believe that the purpose of life is to be frightened, silenced, useless, selfish, greedy, stupid, and insane. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, responsible, compassionate, and helpful. It is above all to matter: to count, to stand up for a humanitarian principle, to have made a difference. That we have lived not only for something spiritual, but more so for something intellectual! In the meantime, I do not believe in the existence of God because I already believe in the existence of something higher, better, bigger, and greater than God: My country. My family. Indeed, I'd rather believe in the whole of mankind - not for what she is at present, but for what, with the power of thought, mankind can become in the future generations to come. Especially with knowledge - with the power of science and technology! Why should I give a hoot for the silly existence of a silly divinity? After I am dead,I do not care to meet such a Being in heaven; nor do I care to meet with such a Being in hell! Especially, as I must first go through purgatorial fires! To begin with, such beings and such places have no justification whatsoever to exist for a reason. For millions of years before I was born, I was existing as a nothing without a God; now why should it bother me to realize that after I am dead, for millions of years, I shall, again, be existing as a nothing without a God? Happily, in the meantime, I have no need to love my enemies. I don't care to have enemies. I do love, however, my daily struggles against religious lies and political deceptions! I am having fun hating such horrors! In this connection, I defy any one who says that the power of thought is dangerous! Dangerous to whom? To what? Because with the power of thought we might discover that the nature of human stupidity and the nature of divine infinity are one and the same old holy baloney inextricably mixed with holy salami? Poch Suzara

No comments: