Sunday, June 21, 2015

Without God Life Has No Meaning - NO KIDDING

I am often told that Without God, life has no meaning. Of course, without God, life has no meaning. After all, who is going to forgive our meaningful sins and forgive our meaningful crimes if not God or His Son Jesus? Look at the sinners and criminals as the sick and corrupt officials in our sick and corrupt government. They are always bragging that they are "MAKA-dios, and that they are also all MAKA-Jesus in this only Catholic country in Asia. I say, there is no reason to believe that life needs to be eternal in order to be meaningful. Indeed, there is evidence that quite the opposite in the case: for example, a film, a performance, a novel or a sporting event without end would completely lose any meaning. In the same way, we can question what would be the point of doing anything at all if we had an eternity to live, with nothing to bring it into focus and give it some urgency and poignancy. My mentor Bertrand Russell summarized it more meaningfully: “I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting." . . . Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: