Sunday, July 03, 2016

The Noise All Around Us

I have long held the opinion that the amount of noise that anyone can bear undisturbed stands in inverse proportion to his mental capacity and therefore be regarded as a pretty fair measure of it.” - - - Arthur Schopenhauer "I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone, I never found the companionable as solitude." - - - Henry David Thoreau For my part, I have always experienced happiness alone in my room reading my books than feel the pain of having to listen to a lot of noisy conversation about a lot of sick nonsense. In fact, I felt the same way toward my sick teachers in school teaching me to listen to a lot of loud holy mystery, if not sacred and loud baloney!- - - Poch Suzara Google# Facebook# Twitter ##

No comments: