Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Holy Bible

So you are proud of yourself to be a bible reader and a believer? You should, in fact, be ashamed of yourself. Our corrupt and rotten officials in the government are also proud that they are readers and believers of the bible. So are most of the criminals in jail.

For my part, I am grateful. The bible is the only book I have read over and over again that inspired me to become an atheist. Indeed, if I never seriously read the bible from cover to cover, I probably would still be the religious moron as I was during my younger years.

Oh yes, my dear reader. I dare you to read your bible. Seriously. Judiciously. Critically. Any of the 48 different versions of the bible sold in bookstores today. You might begin to understand how much of the hate and violence and wars in our world come from stupid messages from the stupid bible. And this is the same holy book that tells you not to hate and not to kill but amongst the bible characters themselves as inspired by God - they hated and killed each other, especially for the glory of God. Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Lex Bonife said...

This post made me smile. I have stopped reading and believing in the bible ever since I was 19. After studying vertebrate anatomy, evolution and reading carl sagan's books, I have joyfully abandoned the belief in god :)