Monday, July 28, 2008

Jesus as God and God as Jesus

In John, Jesus speaks frequently of his extraordinary status in life and speaks of himself in the most exalted language: I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE. I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE. I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE. WHOEVER HAS SEEN ME HAS SEEN MY FATHER. NO ONE CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME. BUT THOSE MINE ENEMIES WHICH WOULD NOT THAT I SHOULD REIGN OVER THEM, BRING HITHER, AND SLAY THEM BEFORE ME. And yet, crucified on the cross, in even more exalted language, Jesus cried out: “My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me?” Now how could a God possibly forsake Himself? And to think that this is the same Jesus who also pleaded: “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Poch Suzara Google# Facebook# Twitter# Atheists#

No comments: