Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This World, Our World

My friends and relatives want me to go back to church. Be a repentant Catholic, and believe once again in the existence of God. Well, ok. Here, however, are my conditions:

I need meaningful miracles. I need from God an annual report as to the well-being or, as the case may be, - the ill-being of my dead loved ones, dead closed friends, and my dead great mentors. I need to know how happy are they in heaven or, as the case may be, how unhappy are they in hell. After I get this report, I should be proud once more to believe a God in heaven and to believe in the existence of a devil in hell.

Now if my conditions were not possible to meet, then just point out to me where exactly is it mentioned in the bible that God is a Catholic, and I will go back to being a faithful Catholic once again.

Otherwise, as an atheist, I shall only continue to embrace the most decent of my goals in this life - to leave this world one day a better place than I found it or there is very little reason for my having lived. Poch Suzara

4 comments:

curious reader said...

but what are you really against at? God or Catholicism?

if you do not approve of Catholicicsm, there are other religions out there. i know nothing could ever answer all your questions, that's why it's called faith right? and what's important is your relationship with God, isn't it?

Poch Suzara said...

I am against human stupidity especially the kind that invented God and religion. Do you really believe in the existence of a God who is a cold-blooded perfection and always lost in self-admiration?
Love of life and love of this world is my one and only religion. Poch Suzara

curious reader said...

but how can you say that God and religion were just invented?
how come you called Him a cold-blooded perfection?

you love this world, but isn't this world going to perish inevitably?

so where do you think will we go after we die? to nothingness?

Poch Suzara said...

Dear Curious, it does not bother me a bit to realize that after death I shall be a nothing for millions of years. Just as much as it does not bother me a bit to realize as well that for millions of years before I was born, I was also a nothing.
Sleep is a morsel of death. Does it bother you to go to sleep? In the meantime, I am not against anything. I just love THINKING as I hate BELIEVING. Poch Suzara