Saturday, December 05, 2009

My Younger Years

I love the Philippines. I love it enough not to leave
it but to change it. I want my country back from those
who stole it still ruling and dominating it - Christianity - the greatest destroyer of human minds and human hearts. Consider, in this day and age, in our schools, colleges, and universities, we are still taught to believe that we can and must endure this life’s trials because there is a better life to come after death in the next world.

I can still feel the pain today as I witnessed yesterday as a boy seeing my parents, grandparents, and great grand mother together with all other relatives just like the rest of the millions of fellow-Filipinos. We would all be looking up to a God up there by looking down on one another down here right in our own poor and backward country - the Philippines. Indeed, we were always more proud to identify ourselves as Catholics; hardly, however, would we feel the joy of publicly declaring that we are also Filipino citizens of our beloved country. Poch Suzara

No comments: