Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sick Religion Behind the Sick Man of Asia

Indeed, if our system of education made sense at all, we Filipinos should be ahead of everyone else in Asia today. Enjoying neither damnation nor salvation, but enjoying scientific growth and technological development of Filipino civilization. Unfortunately, due to our sick system of education, in this already 21st century, we Filipinos are still busy arguing back and forth whether Jesus, some 2,000 years ago, died on the cross to remedy the past sins of the Jews; or, resurrected back to life to remedy the future sins of the Filipinos in the Philippines - the only Jesus-freak country in the whole of Asia since the 16th century! I asked it before, I ask it again: after 400 years of Catholicism in order to straighten the mess out of the Filipino minds and hearts in this only Catholic country in Asia, how come even the Philippines, already a Republic, is only proud of itself as a nation of Catholics. As with me, for the sake of dignity and self-respect, I decided to walk out of the Catholic church. I no longer have need to love a great divinity. I have, instead, learned to love something bigger, taller, and greater: - the existence of my family, my country, and the whole of humanity on this earth globally. Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: