Thursday, June 05, 2014

Saint John Baptist de La Salle

To touch the hearts of your pupils and to inspire them with the Christian spirit is the greatest miracle you can perform, and one which God expects of you." - Saint John Baptist de La Salle . . . Oh my dear Saint John Baptist de La Salle, what about touching also the hearts and minds of your pupils in school with the human spirit: to learn how to love each other, how to love our family, how to love the human community, and indeed, how to love our country down here? Isn't the endless fight of the holy spirit against the evil spirit all based a lot of childish nonsense? In the Philippines, most, if not all of the men and women with college education from La Salle university know only how to love God up there; especially by hating our country down here. Otherwise more known as the "Christian spirit." For my part, I am most proud and happy that I got expelled out of la Salle high school some 65 years ago... It is, in this way, that on my own initiative, I have learned to stop having faith in human stupidity. I have learned to stop loving Christianity. I learned to dump all of my useless love, needless respect, and mindless admiration for a silly divinity up out there. I only love my country down here. - Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: