Monday, June 20, 2016

IF I RULED THIS WORLD AS I AM AN ATHEIST

The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference. -- Richard Dawkins Now listen to the lyrics of this sane and great and meaningful song: IF I RULED THE WORLD "If I ruled the world Every day would be the first day of spring Every heart would have a new song to sing And we'd sing of the joy every morning would bring If I ruled the world Every man would be as free as a bird Every voice would be a voice to be heard Take my word we would treasure each day that occurred My world would be a beautiful place Where we would weave such wonderful dreams My world would wear a smile on its face Like the man in the moon has when the moon beams If I ruled the world Every man would say the world was his friend There'd be happiness that no man could end No my friend, not if I ruled the world Every head would be held up high There'd be sunshine in everyone's sky If the day ever dawned when I ruled the world." For my part, as an atheist, If ruled the world, I will see to it that there will be no more suffering of any kind to disgrace the human race existing on this earth. Or to put it more BRIEFLY, as an atheist, no way will I ever imitate the style of a Christian God as the sick ruler of this world!- - - Poch Suzara, Atheist, Google# Facebook# Twitter# Atheists#

No comments: