Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Left Behind Prophecy

I am in receipt of regular email messages from some outfit called LEFT BEHIND PROPHECY. It is the same old gloom and doom scenario trying to put me in fear so that I will join them to support their silly brand of superstition otherwise more popularly known as “religion.” Yes, it is also the same old lack of self-respect. They can email me but I am not allowed email them back. It’s a one way street. It is just like attending church services. Just attend and listen to some religious moron preaching biblical nonsense. No questions allowed. Perhaps, if LEFT BEHIND PROPHECY could rename itself as the RIGHT FORWARD STUPIDITY, it will be more based on reality, and not on fantasy. It is indeed incredible how in this 21st century, the faithful believers have not yet seen through the sanctimonious sacred hogwash written in the holy bible as inspired by a silly divinity. Instead of being masters, they are still the victims of religion. As an atheist, I am not trying to offer you prophecies of doom and gloom. The only thing I can do is to point out to you that there is a method by which everyone can obtain the ability to view objectively, without prejudice, the important issues of society. Thus eliminating religiously biased misconceptions concerning life and the aspirations of the human community. This will lead to the future development of a culture based on the power of reason. That method I am referring to is called “scientific method.” It deals constantly with objective reality. When you ask of me as I am an atheist: what do I have to offer you? The answer is your own MIND – the most precious gift from nature stolen away from you as a child at home and in school. I give you back your precious self as a whole man, standing on your feet, looking fair and square at the world. Its good facts and bad facts. Its beauties and its ugliness. Conquering the world with human intelligence and not kneeling down proud of divine negligence. Doing your own thing. Solving your own problems, having self-esteem and proud of your human capacities, and indeed, if you have any, - intellectual abilities. Poch Suzara

No comments: