Friday, April 01, 2005

Man's Greatest Achievement

Man’s greatest achievement in life is not to make billions; or to rule an empire; or to become famous or notorious. It is to be fully aware of the real nature of the powerful influence his parents at home and teachers in school and indeed priests in church who have had over him during his upbringing and education. The first five to ten years of a child’s life determines whether he will be a man of reason, or a man of faith, a businessman, a politician, a professor, a fool, a criminal, a saint, a clown, a lovable scoundrel, an alcoholic, or a catholic or a lunatic. For my part, I am grateful to my parents at home, my teachers in school, and my priests in church for having inspired in me with enough motivation to grow up to become an atheist. And what was my life's greatest achievement as I got to be an atheist? - I managed, somehow, to recapture the most priceless treasure stolen away from as a little boy at home, in school, and in church - my most precious mind to grow up to be, rightly or wrongly, a courageous thinking man. Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: