Thursday, August 04, 2005

Religious People

Imagine the religious people of this world. They would rather hope after death to meet not their ancestors, but look forward only to meeting an invisible creator called “God.” The same God in the bible who defined Himself as “I am who I am.” For my part, if there is life after death, I look forward to be with my parents, grandparents and great-grandparents once again. Specifically, I would like to meet and be with my maternal great-grandmother Lola Titay. While I was a little boy, I remember her often taking me not to church to pray, but to places like the Santa Ana Race Tracks in Manila to play the horses. I also remember we would always stop to smell flowers along the way home. I never knew it then, but I think she was an atheist. If indeed, I will ever see her again in the next life – I will embrace her as one of my most loveliest and kindness of relatives. Poch Suzara

No comments: