Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Faith that Kills

I do not know about you Rizalists, but each time I read Rizal’s “I go where faith can never kill,” in his Last Farewell, I understand it as alarmingly obvious that Rizal was warning everyone to face the fact that faith kills in this world he is leaving behind. As we are amongst those left behind in this world of murderous faith, why should we carry on embracing more harmful faith that has become even more murderous? Indeed, faith kills, especially precious minds and hearts of children in school. They grow up, if at all, as the victims of faith rather than the masters of reason. Obviously, instead of faith, we need more reason to remedy the ills of our sick society soaked with nothing but faith in human stupidity. For my part, as a high school expelled student, I said it before and I will continue to say it again: Faith is wrong; belief bereft of reason and devoid of question is evil. The faithful love deadly mental paralysis as they hate lively critical analysis. Thus, faith is never wanting to know what is true. In fact, it is worse. Faith makes one believe that life after death is better than life after birth. In the meantime, I am told by religious morons that religion is good because it comforts the dying. But I ask: shouldn’t religion be better if it prevents killing? After all, religion should brighten people to live and not frighten people to death! Truth to tell - everybody wants to go to heaven alive; nobody wants to arrive at the kingdom of God already dead! Poch Suzara

No comments: