Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Atheism - for Peewee

Peewee, Thanks for your great and indeed, sensible response to my piece - "Why we Atheists do not believe in the Christian God." Here, however, are great gods if taught to me to believe when I was a little boy at home and in school - I never would have entertained the beauty and the harmony of ATHEISM. Indeed, after I am dead, and it turns out that I will meet with these gods in the next life, I will surely shake each of their hands with gratitude and pride. Such gods, I will always believe and have faith in. Moreover, I will also always love faithfully, worship respectfully, and adore intellectually these great and wonderful gods: A legend is told of the creation of the universe. The gods held a conference and one of them said, "Let us give to man the same creative power that we ourselves possess. Where shall we hide this priceless gift?" Another answered, "Let us hide it where man will never think to look for it: within his own mind." Poch Suzara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Suzara, it would have been nice if you also published Peewee's response so that we can see his comments to you.

PinoyHeathen

Poch Suzara said...

Yes, Poch...exactly...your last paragraph on God In The Old Testament makes sense, and what I've been saying all along! However, that is the God of the old testament...and those ancient folks may have gotten it down into their Book based from their own personal experiences, oral stories, handed down beliefs, etc., but again, that doesn't negate the existence of a Supreme Being... The Great Spirit...The Divine...The Creator...whatever He may be called...totally apart from the Bible of the Jews and the Christians, and from Organized Religions.

In the end, we have endlessly tried to explain all these, and failed. We are no closer today than the men who wrote the Old and New Testaments and the new, modern Scientific revelations and discoveries!

Peewee