Saturday, May 29, 2010

Atheism is the Absence of God-belief

Atheism is the absence of god-belief. All else is embellishment. Atheism has no dogma, no rites, no holy books, no places of worship, no commandments, and we have no priesthood industry to fear. We atheist have no daily TV or daily radio programs. No daily newspapers. No magazines. No army, navy, air force. We have no schools, colleges, and universities that teach students to believe that our Savior is not ourselves born right here in the Philippines, but that our savior is a God-forsaken Jewish fellow born and died in a Jewish land some 2,000 years ago. Who also resurrected back to life from death! Atheism is not a religion. Religion encourages social stupidity as it inspires political insanity. We atheists know that life after birth is real and life after death is not real. We have no desire to believe that immortality is the condition of a dead man who refuses to believe that he is already dead. Is there life after death? Please, next time you visit a cemetery - try to explore if there is life after death. As for me, I have no wish to insult my dead love-ones by believing that they are still alive buried in the cemetery. Indeed, I refuse to pretend that I know anything about life after death since we even know nothing about life after birth. I ask: should stupidity be as long lasting as eternity for the sake of a divinity always in cahoots with deviltry?? Indeed, I am an atheist. I care about leaving this world one day a better place than I found it. In the meantime, I have no need to believe in your lesser God up there because I already believe in something greater: My family, my country, and the whole of humanity down here! Poch Suzara

No comments: