Sunday, May 27, 2012

Believing is Easy. Thinking is Hard.

Thinking is hard and believing is easy. It follows why there are far more stupid believers in this world than there are intelligent thinkers. For my part, each time I find myself unable to think; or, as the case may be, unable to believe, I do the next best thing: I suspend my judgment while I gather the evidences. In the meantime, I'd rather be wrong as an intelligent thinker than be right as a stupid believer. After all, anything mandated can, sooner or later, be amended. A stupid believe is right when it believes that the sun rises for the morning and sets for the evening. An intelligent thinker, however, has discovered that it is but a grand illusion. The sun does not move. It is the earth that rotates on its own axis and orbits round the sun giving the impression that it rises as it sets. Poch Suzara

No comments: