Tuesday, July 24, 2012

St. Augustine - Bishop of Hippo

Augustine never loved his life, nor loved his country, nor even loved his neighbors. He loved only God. That is why the Church canonized him a saint for the Catholics to follow and emulate. Augustine writes: “There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. . . it is this which drives us to try to discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which men should not wish to learn. . . In the immense forests, full of pitfalls and perils, I have drawn myself back, and pulled myself away from these thorns. In the midst of all these things which float unceasingly around me in everyday life, I am never surprised at any of them, and never captivated by my genuine desire to study them. . . I no longer dream of the stars.” In his great book - The Dragons of Eden, Scientist Carl Sagan wrote: - “the time of Augustine’s death, 430 A.D., marks the beginning of the Dark Ages in Europe.” I said it before, I say it again: in sainthood history, St Augustine was one of the greatest criminals against the growth of the human mind and against the cultivation of the human heart. Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Poch Suzara said...

And what this pitiful, cowardly Augustine says serves as the bedrock for the beliefs of the equally pitiful, cowardly, brainwashed, brainless, catholic religious zombies; never able to comprehend that it is man's curiosity that has freed him from superstition. Curiosity - not prayers - that has brought about advances in technology and medicine that has bettered man's condition.

Tell me, you religious morons, when the pope and the bishops and you get sick with cancer or other deadly diseases, or when your child is sick with fever, do they or you go to church to pray to this invisible man living in the sky, or do you bring your child and see your doctor, a man of science? Come on, you hypocrites, tell me.
Bob Hyndman