Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Filipino is Worth THINKING for

"The Filipino is worth dying for!” Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino. Look at us Filipinos, the religious morons that we all are - getting only more famous Sick Children of Asia, - Filipinos killed Ninoy Aquino. For my part, I said it before, I say it again: the Filipino is worth THINKING for; specially for the future generations to come. May they be spared of the same old traditional hogwash values - such as believing that dying for a silly divinity is more sacred than thinking intelligently for love of our country. Especially in the here and now! In the meantime, I quote my hero - Jose Rizal: "My sole wish is to do what is possible, what is necessary, what is in my hands. I have glimpsed a little light, and I believe it is my duty to show it to my countrymen. . . . I would like the Filipino people to become worthy, noble, honorable; for a people who makes itself despicable for its cowardice or vices exposes itself to abuses and vexations." Indeed, as a Filipino myself, and as an atheist, I have no wish to be dying for the Filipino. I'd rather be thinking for the filipino; specially for the Filipino in great need of self-respect as a people and in greater need of dignity as a nation. Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

11 comments:

Ken said...

Dear Poch,

God wants his people to offer themselves as living sacrifices, not dead. What use is a dead sacrifice? Read Romans 12:1-2. Salamat sa mga santong buhay.

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poch Suzara said...

Ken, Why should a perfect supernatural God have the need to WANT anything? It is also amazing how you know precisely WHAT God WANTS! Poch

Ken said...

It's simple, Poch. He revealed himself through Scripture. You also speak like you know what God wants, but it seems always contrary to the clear message of the Bible. You are misrepresenting him. Where I see gold, you see dirt. The gospel is foolishness to those who are spiritually dead, but is power for those who are being saved.

Anonymous said...

How do you know your Bible is true? Oh, because it's the word of god! How do you know it's the word of god? Oh, because it is in the Bible! ......checkmate, atheists!

Anonymous said...

Ken, I hope you realize that pushing the Bible and citing verses from it is futile when arguing with non-believers. It is like using a Honda Accord manual on a Saturn V rocket. Endorsing a Ray Comfort movie is laughable, too! What's next? Citing scientific evidence from Answers in Genesis and Ken Ham?


Norm

Ken said...

Norm, if there was no God, would there be atheists?

Anonymous said...

Very lame response, Ken. -Norm

Anonymous said...

No, Ken. You got it wrong. Atheists don't 'pretend' there is no god, that is your own definition that gives you comfort. Atheists disbelieve in the existence of god, or any god, including your Jesus. The Romans called the early Christians 'atheists' because they didn't believe in the Roman pantheon of gods. -Norm

Anonymous said...

"....Norm, if there was no God, would there be atheists?" - ...and there won't be believers either like you, Ken! That also means that there is one less reason to kill each other. - Norm

Ken said...

You got it, Norm! There is a God, so there are atheists. If there is no God, there would be no atheists.