Sunday, August 11, 2013

Three Groups of Atheists in the Philippines

There are three groups of Atheists in the Philippines. The first group say that I am the "father of Atheism." The second group say that I am the "grandfather of atheism." The third group, my favorite group - they say I am the "Pope" of Atheism in the Philippines. All of the above, I must admit, I consider as childish nonsense. What, however, I am most proud about, most thrilled to confirm, and most excited to acknowledge is the fact that Atheism today is a worldwide movement without followers, without frightened victims. Indeed, we atheists are all leaders! We are answerable to no one except to the beauty and necessity of human decency spreading globally for the sake of world peace and harmony. Indeed, imagine this world, our world no longer busy loving a silly divinity up there by hating and killing each other like silly damned faithfools down here. I said it before, I say it again: forget divinity. Let us only love and attend to the needs of humanity. Let us leave this world one day a better place than how we found it. Not in the material, but in the humanitarian - sense. Otherwise, we would have no reason to have lived at all. Poch Suzara Twitter@ Atheist# Google# Facebook#

5 comments:

Ken said...

Poch, what you value has no intrinsic value. Evolution has programmed you to project value on certain things. But that’s just an illusion. You value love. You value your parents, kids, spouse, and friends. Yet there’s nothing objectively right or good about loving friends and family. That’s just brain chemistry. The indifferent effect of a thoughtless process conditioning you to feel that way.

Poch Suzara said...

Ken, I would rather be the master of an illusion than be the victim of a stupid delusion inextricably mixed with stupid confusion. Poch

Ken said...

Nice comeback.

Ken said...

Hello Poch,
I hope you don’t mind me posting comments and questions on your blog. I see that people check in from many countries to read your posts. But I noticed that few if ever leave comments. It seems lonely in here, so I have decided to post a comment or pose a question to each of your new posts. I hope you’ll engage me in a friendly dialogue. Argue if you must. But please, let us stir clear of clichés and sound bites. Your view of reality interests me, and I trust that you're up for a few challenges to, and questions about, how you think.
Poch, how do you account for the fact that you, as a mere "bag of proteins" care about the world? You seem to genuinely care about the well-being of our kababayans, as well we should. You are very concerned about corruption, pollution, poverty, overpopulation and the dismal state of the educational institutions in our country. When you post these articles day after day, you clearly have a purpose in mind for doing what you do.
But as an atheist, in your worldview, you are mere biology and biological facts aren’t right or wrong, they just are. I don’t think you can have it both ways. How can mere biology be said to “care” or have a purpose? Poch, care or purpose can't exist in a universe that is only material. These are immaterial things, and you can't get there (the immaterial) from here (material only). Sorry, but to be consistent you're going to have to give up caring about things and pretending to have any purpose in life.
I look forward to your response.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Ken,

There you are. You are making progress....


YOU ARE INSIGNIFICANT.


WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SPECIAL?

There is no Purpose...until such TIME.


Exmanipulator