Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Oh Yes, I am an Atheist

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe? ... Quentin Crisp ... My dear Quentin Crisp, when I tell the religiously frightened saps and college-educated jerks here in our sick society that I am atheist, they say that I am not... That I am only pretending to be a an atheist... As a matter of fact, I refuse to believe that there is a God existing behind any of the great religions of the world... Especially the God existing behind Catholicism in the Philippines. No way! Over my dead body will I believe in such superstitious nonsense... I said it before, I say it again and again: I have no need to believe in your lesser God because I already believe in something greater - my family, my country, and the whole of humanity. Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

1 comment:

Poch Suzara said...

As for me, a self-made atheist as most of us are, having become atheists through our own intellectual efforts and research, I consider it one of the highlights of my life to have met Poch Suzara and his group, though for a short time, and read Poch's published writings. Thank you Poch for your continued publication of your research of the best thoughts of humanity.
Manny Almario