Sunday, August 09, 2015

Jesus Christ our savior and Jose Rizal out national hero

"Only Jesus can fill us with a sense of belonging like we've never known before." ... Philippine Star, Aug.8, 2015. . . Wow, you editors of Philippine Star, do you really know what you are talking about? Listen to Jesus in the so-called Holy Bible: "IF ANY MAN COME TO ME AND HATE NOT HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, WIFE AND CHILDREN, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, AND YE, HIS OWN LIFE ALSO, HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE." Luke 14:26... In our way of daily life in the Philippines, isn't enough that we Filipinos, historically, all love Jesus up there by hating each other down here? What more is there to know about Jesus who, crucified on the cross, cried out loud: 'MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?" Matt. 27:46 . . .

 For my part, as a Filipino atheist, I would rather fill my sense of belonging to my country together with what our greatest hero - Dr. Jose Rizal - had the greatest hope for me as a Filipino: “I would like the Filipinos to be brilliant, enlightened, intelligent, and progressive.” . . .Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: