Monday, April 24, 2017

EVERY CHILD IS BORN AS AN ATHEIST







                                     Every one is born an atheist

            My dear reader, I am happy to admit, that just exactly like you, I too was born an atheist. Indeed, all babies are born atheists: free from religion. No baby is born as a Jew, or a Muslim, or a Catholic, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist. All babies are born free and then indoctrinated. For my part, I was raised and educated as a Catholic; not because of my free will, but because my parents and grandparents were reminded of hell-fire if they did not choose to have me baptized in a Catholic church and have me enrolled in a Catholic school. However, when I attained the age of intellectual discretion, I duly repudiated Catholicism. I then became in the truest sense of the term: A Born-Again Atheist. Well, just like everybody else, I am happy with the thought that I will leave this world one day as an atheist. After I am dead, I cannot see how I could still possess the capacity to believe in anything biblical or ecclesiastical or irrational or to disbelieve in anything at all. What I would leave behind would be my energy that was once bundled up as my body. Now energy can neither be created nor destroyed. I will leave my energy behind and I would rather let the laws of nature figure out what to do with it in the billions of years to come.  Who knows, I may emerge one day again as a man. That would really be wonderful especially if I were to be resurrected not as a sick Filipino or a silly American, but simply as a thinking man. - - - Poch Suzara

No comments: