Sunday, June 24, 2007

An Atheist's Viewpoint

The RP-Rizal Forum members refused to believe me – an atheist – when I say that the execution of Jose Rizal had only to do with religious morons in authority who had him faced a firing squad for writing truths on the hypocrisy and chicanery of the Catholic Church. I am even told that if I have nothing new to add to the ongoing discussion on Rizal’s life, work, and writings, I should just shut up and to take my atheistic “frustrations” and “angst” elsewhere.
Well, I am also saying that the kind of enemies Rizal struggled against are still here pretty much alive today in charge of what should be taught in our schools, colleges, and universities.
In the meantime, as an atheist, I am treated like I am a little monster afflicted with psychological problem. Really, a feeble, if not a laughable attempt to evade the fundamental questions of truth and falsehood, of facts and fiction. It is obviously so ridiculous to try and defeat atheism by subordinating truth with infantile emotionalism. Such childish reaction only reveals the truth of the Christian traditional contempt for man’s ability to think. Ah, but the members of this RP-Rizal Forum would rather prove themselves crippled at thinking any deeper or further, and that they themselves are quite impressive at linguistic contortions, dramatic algebraic ejaculation, an indeed, ecclesiastical masturbation. Poch Suzara

No comments: