Thursday, July 05, 2007

Most Pinoys

Most Pinoys, like most Americans, think of nothing but money. When they do make money, however, they just continue as ever to be selfish, greedy, stupid, and insane. In this connection, I have greatest admiration for the billionaire Bill Gates. He is neither a Pinoy nor an American. He is just a decent man – an exceptional wealthy individual - a total grace for the whole human race. His billions lavishly distributed to educational and philanthropic institutions that does not even bear his name. Indeed, Bill Gates has worthy causes and projects that puts beauty and intelligence into this world where governments have put only the horror of negligence. Though I never got my project off the ground, I am nevertheless proud of what I tried to do a few years ago. I submitted a proposal to the Bill Gates Foundation to assist me financially and morally to set up a chain of public libraries to be established around strategic points throughout the Philippines. Inside these public libraries will also be the center of family planning and birth control information clinic. Much to my regret, however, I never was able to raise funds out of my own to make a formal Project Study as required by the Bill Gates Foundation for its consideration. Poch Suzara

No comments: