Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Why I Love Bertrand Russell

As a little boy, my father-confessor in school, often told me that I am not a perfect being. I should therefore always kneel down and ask God for the forgiveness of my defects and seek only obliteration. Never mind reconstruction.
Bertrand Russell arrived into my life when I got to be 18 years old. He said: “No
one is perfect and we should never be bothered by the fact that no one is perfect.”
If there were ever a thinker I have learned to love, worship, and adore – such a thinker was Bertrand Russell. Indeed, Russell saved not my stupid soul; he saved, instead, my intelligent mind.
Oh Bertrand Russell, whenever you are - thank you for showing me intellectual courage to face human stupidity everywhere keeping our world still infested with religious and political insanity. Poch Suzara

No comments: