Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Poor Philippines

I remember as a teen-ager some 40 years ago I listened to my father, grandfather, and uncles arguing about the situation in the Philippines as a nation. Always doing poorly in significant categories like domestic economy, international trade, import/export, international investment, employment, government efficiency; but doing quite well in graft and corruption and political instability.
I thought then to myself, what could we expect of ourselves as a nation waiting for the Second Coming of the Lord to fix our troubles and problems. Even the soul of our own national hero Jose Rizal was thought to have made it to heaven after he was executed for writing against Catholic authority will be coming with the Lord back to the Philippines. Poch Suzara

No comments: