Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Atheism

Atheism is not therapy but restored mental health. We atheists live in a world of reality, not fantasy. We do not hate to work, on the contrary, we love to work especially for the growth and maturity of human intelligence especially as it promotes human benevolence. If we do hate, however, we hate human stupidity, especially the kind that is the hidden agenda behind the ultimate purpose of education. The majority of our college educated men and women hate more learning. Thus, they hate more reading. Indeed, in our sick society, daily praying is always more respectable than daily reading. Bertrand Russell said: “If we must die, let us die sober, and not drunk with lies.” For my part, as I evolved to become an atheist, I have also ceased wasting my time and energy actively involved as a stupid participant in the rat race for salvation. Indeed, I care about this world. It is the only world we know and at the same time - have. Poch Suzara

No comments: